2 Steps to use it –
2. Use the functions avaliable in Codeunit 400 (SMTP Mail)
1. Setup the SMTP mail in Navision:
Go to Administration> IT administration > General Setup > SMTP Setup. The following screen will open –
You need a SMTP server address (IP or link). I have used my office SMTP server. If your SMTP server permits anonymous mailing, you can choose authentication as ‘Anonymous’ where you don’t need to mention any user id and password.
If your SMTP Server does not allow anonymous mailing, you need to choose authentication as ‘Basic’ and need to mention one valid User id and Password.
2. Use the functions available in Codeunit 400 (SMTP Mail) :
Once the setup is done, you can start mailing using the functions available in SMTP mail codeunit.
a) Take a new form and take a command button on it. On clicking of that button the mail will be send (Just for the example)
b) Take a global variable ‘SMAIL’ of data type ‘Codeunit’ and subtype ‘SMTP mail’ codeunit. This will give you the access to the functions available in that codeunit.
c) Now the actual code. Write the following code on ‘On Push’ trigger of the command button
SMAIL.CreateMessage(‘Snehanshu’,’email@example.com’,’firstname.lastname@example.org’,’Warning – Inventory’, ‘Item 50005 has a inventory below minimum inventory level’,FALSE);
[Syntax for the Createmessage function – Createmessage([sender’s name] ,[sender’s id],[recipient’s id or ids],[subject] ,[body line] ,[html formatted or not]]
That’s it. Now click on the command button, and the mail will be sent to the recipients.
1. There can be multiple recipients. Just put them as comma separated text in the recipient parameter.
2. You can add more body lines using ‘AppendBody’ function.
3. You can also mark a CC or BCC copy of the mail using ‘AddCC’ ‘AddBCC’ functions.